5 Lovely, Last-Minute Gift Ideas
It looks, smells, and sounds a lot like Christmas at D. Luxe Home right now--happy, busy, evergreeny. Truth: There's a good chance that your Christmas shopping is pretty wrapped up (literally) by now, but on the off chance that you still need to locate some fab gifts, we have suggestions:
1) A bar of Jackalope Beer soap from Little Seed Farm: We're proud to be one of three retailers in Nashville to carry this soap, which not only looks, smells, and behaves gorgeously, but has a charming backstory. See Little Seed's website for the full tale (and some astonishingly lovely photos of goats), but the gist of it is that in 2012 young couple James and Eileen Ray decided to uproot themselves from NYC and move to the land of (goat) milk and honey in rural Lebanon, Tennessee, where they began farming and producing raw milk farmstead cheeses, organic skincare products, and humanely and sustainably raised meats. Little Seed's partnership with Jackalope Brewing Co. adds hops and grain from the Nashville brewery to their original recipe of goat milk, olive oil, coconut oil, milk, lye, and organic oils. Yummmm.
2) Italian marble coasters from Studio Vertu. These coasters, which come hand-printed with images variously funky and traditional, are made of Italian Botticino marble that was quarried in Verona, Italy.
3) An antique finial. We have a rad collection of old finials--from armoires, bed posts, and who-knows-where else. Ranging in size, they're priced from $12 to $95 each and look best clustered together in a grouping (in our humble opinion).
4) A cow painting. Did you know? We've corned the market on cow paintings in Nashville. It's a fact. We noticed we barely had time to hang a cow "portrait" before we sold it and so now have become much more serious about our acquisitions--even recruiting my friend Johnny Bone (once my go-to tile setter before he up and moved to Oklahoma) to take on the painting of all things bovine. Some are prints and some are original, and I'm so proud of how affordable our cow art is: ranging from $25 to $200 for each piece.
5) An antique paintbrush. I'm crazy for old paintbrushes. I didn't even know I was crazy for them until I found these, which are worn and chippy and full of stories I'll never know. I think they make an incredible display (hello, conversation piece!) grouped together.
Come shop with us!
An Industrial, Glam & Kinda Kooky Home Store