The 10 Best-Smelling Candles
Every candle line that we carry at D. Luxe Home has to meet strict criteria: Most importantly, it has to give fragrance throw, which means it has to scent the entire room. When you buy a candle and you stick your nose in it and say, “Oh! It smells great!” but then you get home and you burn it and it’s whompwhomp--that’s because there’s no throw. It’s all in the quality of the candle.
Here are 10 of our absolute favorite scents from the four high-quality lines we carry, all with great throw and all personally and painstakingly vetted by Nashville’s resident candle snobs. Note: Some of these made the cut because they sell out in our shop as soon as we get them in and others are here because they have a special place in our heart. Can a candle have a special place in your heart? Absolutely! The Aquiesse “Mandarin Tea” scent, for example, is a personal favorite because it smells, to us, like sweet tea. I’m a Southern boy and sweet tea smells good to me. It just brings back delicious, good memories. Fragrance preference is of course subjective, but there’s something in here for everyone. Without further adieu:
1. Aquiesse Luxe Linen: One of our bestsellers. This is a fresh, clean blend of sunbleached linen, herbal tea and smooth sandalwood; everyone loves this crisp scent.
2. Aquiesse Lavender Chaparral: This one is a soothing mix of wild lavender, Spanish sage, dry chaparral and white sandalwood, and all of these tin candles come with matches included in a secret compartment under the lid. This scent is not going to knock you down, but it’s definitely going to fragrance your house.
3. Aquiesse Black Coco Havana: The bestseller from Aquiesse’s Black Currents collection, this is an exotic mix of Havana tobacco, clary sage, black cocoa and vanilla bean.
4. Archipelago Havana: This scent is difficult for me to keep in stock. It’s described as a mixture of sweet tobacco leaf, ylang ylang oil and bergamot, and it is delicious.
5. Archipelago Positano: On the lighter side of the Archipelago line, my favorite is going to be Positano, which is divine, mingling scents like white nectarine, persimmon and pomegranate.
6. Mixture Orange Vanilla: We sell tons of this candle—a creamsicle-like mixture of crisp orange and rich vanilla.
7. Mixture Wild Currant: While we sell more Orange Vanilla than any other Mixture candle, Mixture reports that Wild Currant is its actual bestseller overall (it comes in at No. 2 for us). It’s an intoxicating blend of black and red currant.
8. Mixture Cobalt: One brilliant customer told us this candle smells like George Clooney--like if George just got out of the shower. It’s called Cobalt, and it melds lemon, lime, lavender and seductive woody amber and agarwood.
9. Nest Cedar Leaf and Lavender: The newest, best, most fabulous scent from Nest right now. We just got it in. Rosemary, lavender and sage with a touch of eucalyptus.
10. Nest Bamboo: My No. 1 seller in the Nest line is always, consistently Bamboo, which is just a really good clean white floral, with sparkling citrus and fresh green accords.
Come by the shop and tell us which is your favorite? And don't forget to enter our giveaway for a $100 gift certificate!
Leave a Reply.
An Industrial, Glam & Kinda Kooky Home Store